Who doesn’t love salsa? This peach salsa brings the brightness of the season to a variety of dishes — served with chips as an appetizer, a burger or taco topping, and more. We added some avocado to the salsa, but feel free to leave it out. Add some tomatoes, cucumber, or pineapple. Yes, this salsa recipe can be improvised in a number of ways … just look to your garden or your latest produce run for inspiration!
In all seriousness, this salsa can be made in less than 10 minutes. This is one where, even if you come home tired from work, you can chop these ingredients up, mix them, open a bag of chips and a bottle of wine, and relax. And, it’s so good you just may want to invite the neighbors over.
On a whim, we added the salsa to some burgers, already topped with pepper jack cheese and bacon, and had a stellar meal. Add some corn on the cob and a side of Watermelon Strawberry Jicama Salad and dinner is served.
This salsa is quick to make, so if you can multitask, consider first getting the burgers onto the grill and then prepping the salsa, stopping midway through to flip the burgers. In the time it takes to grill burgers, you can pull this off and elevate the typical “burgers for dinner” expectation!
For additional creative dishes, consider adding this Peach Salsa with Avocado to grilled chicken sandwiches, mixing it with mayonnaise and chicken for a fresh spin on chicken salad, or serving it as a topping for fish tacos, grilled flank steak, or chicken.
Peach Salsa with Avocado
- 3 peaches peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 small jalapeño diced
- 1/3 cup Simple Truth® fresh organic cilantro
- 1 avocado peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 t Simple Truth® organic minced garlic
- salt to taste
- Either peel peaches by scoring their skin and dunking in boiling water for 15-20 seconds, and peel skin, or cut the skin off with a knife.
- Remove pit and cut peaches into small pieces and place in a large bow.
- Dice up half of a red onion, add to the peaches.
- Dice up a small jalapeño pepper, seeds and stem removed. Add to the onions and peaches. SB Tip: Wear disposable gloves when cutting peppers.
- Cut avocado in half, remove the pit, slice the avocado into small bites while still in the skin of the fruit. Then, scoop out and place in bowl with the peaches.
- Chop up cilantro and add to the bowl.
- Juice the lime and add to the bowl, along with the minced garlic.
- Mix (easiest to do with your already gloved hands!)
- Salt to taste.
We’re proud to partner with Kroger to create a series of easy-to-make, delicious recipes that you and your family will enjoy!
Visit our recipe archives for more delicious inspiration!